Date: 5th Nov 2022 (Saturday)
Time: 10:00 am – 12: 00 pm
Platform: Google Meet https://meet.google.com/wpb-zyed-bwo
Speaker: Mohamad Faiz Bin Mohd Yusoff, Assistant Director, Energy Efficiency & Conservation Unit (EE&C)
FREE ADMISSION, MBOT 2CPD Points Pending for approval
A Registered Electrical Energy Manager (REEM) is a person certified under the Energy Commission as having the competency in managing electrical energy usage for an Efficient Management of Electrical Energy Regulations (2008) designated installation, and has knowledge of the Acts and Regulations that govern a designated company. Five primary key responsibilities of REEM as specified by the Energy Commission include:
- To audit and analyse an installation’s electrical energy consumption.
- To advise in developing and implementing measures to ensure efficient electrical energy management at the installation. The advice is based on the preliminary energy audit analysis or a detailed technical energy audit report from an energy auditor.
- To monitor the effective implementation of the measures.
- To supervise the keeping of records on efficient management of electrical energy at the installation, and to verify the document’s accuracy.
- To ensure timely submission of information and reports under regulations for your company.
In this talk, the speaker will introduce about the requirements of becoming a REEM under EMEER 2008 and what is the qualification for registration. The CPD requirements for renewal of registration and prospective after becoming REEMs will also be covered.
Mohamad Faiz Mohd Yusoff, graduated with a Bachelor of Electrical Power Engineering (Hons.) from University Tenaga Nasional (Uniten). He also registered with both Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM) and Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM) as a graduate engineer
Prior to joining the Energy Commission in 2016, he began his career working for Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering (MMHE) for two year that were actively engaged in fabrication engineering in electrical section for manufacturing well head platform in coast of Terengganu.
He currently serves as the Energy Commission’s Assistant Director for Energy Efficiency and Conservation Unit, which is in charge of enforcement and promotion of the Efficient Management of Electrical Energy Regulation (EMEER) 2008, managing for registration of training institution, promoting of energy audit and retrofit through energy performance contract (EPC) mechanisms as well as energy efficiency and conservation activities in the country.